Saturday, April 14, 2007

What Lies Beneath

Last night I met up with friends that I havent seen in months to catch up. As the usual, whenever we sat down and started talking, time passes by like a Lamborghini on Autobahn. There was a point when he asked about my love life.

He : So, hows your love life?
Me : haha, I have none.
He : What is life without love?
Me : hmm.. simplicity. haha
He : Lonely?
Me : its all in the mind man.

Seriously, its what I believe. Its all in the head. We came into this world alone, and we sure will die alone. And in between, if it wasnt because we're driven by our human instincts to mate and breed just like them animals, then where are we? You'd be here where I am. If you break free of that "need" to join the rest of humans to populate this world, then maybe you wont think that life without love is no life at all. Of course, then you have people who wants love and not breed. or whatever. Then maybe you'll be thinking...
"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

Whatever it is, its all bout decision making. You are the master, you decide what goes down. Whether you want to look for love or let love find you. Me? I'd rather not look for trouble. There's a billion people on the planet...How many do you know, can be trusted? how many of them do you REALLY know? How many wants the friendship, and JUST the friendship alone without any other benefits? If your family has an empire, how many do you know will still be around to help you after the empire crashed and you're homeless? How do you know that the one person that you trust with all your life will not turn against you or use you for some reason of their own?I'm not saying its a bad idea for all you lovey dovey couples out there, its just my own personal opinion for my own life, so dont come and tell me I'm telling you nonsense. For all you out there that are happy in love, I'm happy for you.Really. Its just me.

Maybe I'm naive and pessimistic, but am I wrong?

No comments: