Sunday, January 16, 2005

Different

Looks like this year is a somewhat Different year for me. Watched different kinda show,did different kinda things and today, a different kinda day. Unlike my usual lEpak-till-I-die saturdays, I dedicated my entire afternoon and night to....tEmpLe. Was in temple from....2.20 onwards[Late due to sOMe reasons...] till late night.Just came back from my first ReaL meal today. Reason why I was in temple? in the afternoon was the practice, and at night, we all headed down to Stadium Negara for this Dhamma assembly prayers for the tsunami victims. Dont i sound SupEr holy now? IndeeD. When we first arrived at the scene, I was thinking..."sHIt..this place looks ToOoo holy for me". With all the big pictures of Buddha as the background of the stage and Buddhist songs playing....and furthermore, I was there with Sunday Dhamma School people...I was just....stonnEd. Like...what the hell am I doing in a place like this? I am in the wrong part of K.L.

So... last minute practices..mic tests and all, the event soon began. Started with SHit ass Boring Speeches which were moStLy in chinese...[That made it worse]. Wait... actually i dont remember which one came first.... We singing or the speeches. But anyway..the speeches is Sucky as uSuaL and we did Pretty well I think? hehe.OkAy... the main event was the prayers, of course. TonnEs of monks attended.[Not tonnes la..just...many.] Then the praying session began. In the beginning it was...er....boRing, coz i couldnt understand a single JAcKShiT they were saying, and Surprisingly...I cought up in the end..StrangE huh? and YES..I was chanting together with them.Even stranger? haha. But it was good. It didnt bore me in the end. At least, I felt I was a part of the ceremony. And played a part of being a Buddhist follower.

okAy..this may be my longest post describing ONE event ever. Hell....I'm proud of it. Plus i did my MATH homework in the mamak today as well.... DoublE HELL yEah...! Am I a changed person? lets see.....but you all DO realise that these are only just words. And words...dont mean a thing to me. lol. gooD nights.

No comments: