Monday, July 09, 2007

To The Sand,The Purest Sand

I need to learn how to swim. Seriously. Okay, here's the full report on my Redang trip. In the evening of Tuesday, 3rd of July 2007, we,[Keng Aik,William and I] left KL to Penang.Drove there, had some fun with cars on the road to pass time. Arrived in Penang 2 1/2 hours later. Pretty fast if u asked me. Had dinner, chilled with William's family and went to sleep. No, we didnt drink this time. Didnt have the time to go over to Penang Island. At bout 5am, we left his house for the airport. We were taking a flight to Terengganu. The plane is damn cute. Propeller plane. It was my first time in those kinda plane.Cut me some slack. Flight took about an hour 15 minutes to arrive in Terrengganu. Then it was into the parking lot into a van that took us to a jetty in Merang.

Waited for this lil guy, to take us on a 45ish minutes ride to Pulau Redang. The ferry ride wasnt the most pleasant kind I'd say. Good thing I was tired and managed to take a nap, or I too, will join that lil brat behind me to throw up.uGh... ok, that aside. Survived the ride and arrived at the resort. That place is beautiful. I dont know what the other resorts look like or where the other ppl are, but this resort looks like its an island on its own. We were given a short brief on what you can do and what you cant do in the resort and stuff.

We couldnt wait for the tram, so we walked, it was a short walk to the lobby, so I snapped while walking. As you can see, I was pretty far behind, taking my own sweet time to look around.hehe.

This is the area in front of the lobby, where we waited to get our rooms and bags. There is also a small stage where they have live band performing every night. Nice place where people can go and just chill while having some beer or wine...whatever.

These is on the left side of the lobby, or where I was standing. Those benches.. you people should know what its for.

Ahh.... tHIs... is room 409. In other words... my room and that is my balcony...sweeet, aint it? I could just camp outside and stare into the sea.

A closer look.
Oh, and we were told that the show...Summer Holidays, or something like that staring Sammie Cheng was shot here on this beach...which is just...below my room. Not that its a WOW thing..but just so you know.hehe.
Aight...soon after we had lunch, checked into our rooms, we quickly changed into swimming attire and joined the group for snorkeling. It was cool. Being on the west side of the country really deprives you of real natural things. Or maybe its the city that robs away the beauty of nature.

Look at me. Excuse the face.... I cant concentrate on too many things at once. trying to not drown... n hold n breath...guess I forgot to control my face. And lookie...lil nemo swam by.

There... now at least I can control my face....but I was too worried that my life jacket will slip away so..excuse the hands now. I cant swim...remember that. Oh.. those lil blue things on that big yellow coral is called christmas tree. No idea why it is called that.. Not like you can hang ornaments on it...pfffttt....Anyways.. those things are cute. It is usually open..like a clam, but when it detects movements, it will close. Like how it looks above.

On the first night, we just chilled in our rooms, playing munchkins and sipping on beer and snacks. The next night, which is also our last night, we took a walk around th beach area. Found this place that has blue sand. Well.. its not that the sand is blue..but its some kinda algae that is blue....like LED lights kinda blue. After playing with those blue things, we went over to the "disco"[or whatever it actually is] to look for William's god sister and have some drinks. We went in early so I guess at that time, that place is a KTV. We sang some songs, and then later,the lights would go off and the DJ starts dropping some hip hop stuff. Too bad the DJ suCkEd big time, and the only people who didnt notice the shit job were the VIP's kids who were dancing all over the dancefloor. That aside... the place closes at around 1.30am so we went back to our rooms to knock out as we were already pretty darn tired.

We got up late the next morning and missed breakfast.pffftttt. Needed to check out at 11am and we woke up at 10.30. Genius. Good thing it was 10.30 and not 11.30. Had to buy our own meal. Then we went over to the beach and took pictures.

Pictures look pretty good ey? haha there was no cameraman. The camera was on one of those benches and was set to timer. I swear... it looks pretty stupid if you were a passerby. You would probably be thinking why the hell are those people standing in the middle of the beach...all facing our backs to the sea and smiling at god knows what.
And soon, it was time to go. We hopped on board the last ferry leaving the island which is at 1 something. We stayed at the rest house in Terengganu town until around 7pm because our bus only departs at 10pm. Ok... need to add that the bus..was pretty shitty but 8 hours passed by pretty quickly. And with that... I arrived back in KL at 6ish in the morning....Fono kor kor picked me up and we had dim sum and I came home to crash. The rest of them..decided to go get the next bus back to Penang. And so...this trip was over. It sure is a great one. =)

Oh, and this is random. I was told to watch this video about Evo 8 Vs Lamborghini. hahaha EVO kicked ass. This video just reminds me of why I love that car. Enjoy

No comments: