Thursday, July 27, 2006

Till The End

Theres nothing like playing back an old song, getting absorbed into the melody, the soothing voice and lyrics.

I woke under the cover of darkness
Looked up into the television sky tonight
I wandered through the city alone this
Rain wouldn't stop, I couldn't dry my eyes
I cried

I went to the edge of town
Over bright highways where the traffic was the only sound around
While my eyes were looking at the ground
I could see pictures of you floating all around
I didn't doubt


Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me

As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

I believed in miracles,when you were around.
but my hopes, dreams and inner self died,
the day you threw it all away.
Somewhere in time I knew,
Nothing this good will ever belong to me.

I still hear the whispers in the silence of my room
Heaven help me cross this endless sea
"Thanks for everything"
were your last words you said to me.

I would give the very breath from my chest
To give you all the things that my mind couldn't bear

What I feel inside,
It is what I know.
And it has no filters

There’s just too much that time cannot erase

No comments: