Monday, October 06, 2008

If The Naked Eye Wont See

The city feels clean this time of night
Just empty streets and me walking home
To clear my head
I know it came as no surprise
I'm affected more than I had guessed
By what was said

If this loves not meant to be
If a hearts not ready to open
If the naked eye won't see
It's broken.

It's that quiet time before the dawn
And I'm half past making sense of it
Was I wrong?
Should I think to give it all
In a world where not much ever seems
To last long.

If this loves not meant to be
If a hearts not ready to open
If we make it i won't see
How it's broken.


Late Night Alumni - Empty Streets


Trance songs have a way of making me feel more depressed sometIMes, thanks to the crazy lyrics, planting thoughts in my head... just like today.I decided to walk home today,at 12am. During those times, trams take an awful long time to arrive at the stop. It sure was a long and not to mention quiet walk. 40minutes.Empty Streets, a perfect song to accompany me, while my head rummages through old memories and all the "What ifs".Got me thinking abit...I wont deny those thoughts did bring me down a little, but I guess, sometimes being able to feel this way, reassures me that I'm human. Sometimes I go through the days with no emotion, its like the days have gone to waste as I'm not feeling anything, I'm not feeling life. What is life, if there is no pain huh?

And then I arrived home, downloaded Grey's Anatomy and there was this bit about memory lost from an accident. And I was just thinking about....well,life and death. And I was checking out my calender and I realized its the 6th today. Its been 6 months since Andrew had passed, times flies huh? As compared to where you are, Andrew, I'm still here, I'm still the same. it just got me thinking, if I have lived my life. If I have contributed anything to life...If I have made amends and said what I wanted to say just in case it would be too late? Or should I even be keeping all those until the "time is right"? Should I be actually doing it all the time to avoid "unfinished business"? Should I be making an effort to leave behind the pride and shame and wear my emotions on my sleeve? Are the walls that I've built around me too high? Ultimately.. Does my existence mean anything? I can start a wholeee 4563456345page book bout questions on life and my purpose and why and how and all that crap... but that is gonna be insane, and it probably would never be published until...maybe the day I die. So, lets just leave it as it is. Daylight savings has started. I am now 3 hours ahead from home, in case anyone is interested to know. Its 5.10am here now and I cant sleep. Switchfoot's "on fire" no longer does the job. I need an alternative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw. Your comments are beautiful. I feel the same way sometimes. I found your post because I was searching for the lyrics to that sone. Those words get stuck in my head sometimes, on long lonely bike rides. And yes, sometimes the loneliness of walking through empty streets listening to a trance song like that can remind us that we ARE human.

Thanks for opening your heart to the internet and therefor me.

Take care.
Corey
Buffalo, NY