Thursday, August 17, 2006

The First Time

This is the first time I understood the meaning of "everlasting and unchanging". To me, it means hurt. A feeling that is literally everlasting and unchanging. Something that you DONT wake up the next morning feeling all better. Something that doesnt go away when you overdose on ice cream. Something that doesnt fade away no matter how many whores you've banged. Something that is given to you, by the one person who can take it all away.

And that is the first time, I couldnt have gone wrong.

I sit all alone in this room
As memories unfold

Tears streaming down my face again
This pain never grows old

Some say it's a state of mind
But it's my heart that really hurts

Do they sit alone in the dark?

Or stare into broken mirrors
Thinking it's the pieces of their heart

This is the story of my life
The saga of my tears

A story told a thousand times
Remade over the years

No comments: