Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Singapore Trip

Ok, I am back.Singapore is a pretty nice place, really. Alot of things are very convinient and also efficient. Except for smokes tho. Before I left for Singapore, I've heard many telling me that theres nothing much there and I dont have to stay so long. But I felt that, despite staying over for an extra day, I didnt have enough time to cover everything. I didnt get to see many other things. And most of all.. I couldnt find the damned Manchester United shop. So, I came home a lil dissapointed. Yes, over a man utd shop. Hey, I was actually exited about it ok? Well anyways, this is what I managed to cover. Day OnE, arrived at Lavender bus stop around 3.30P.M. Ohh, I forgot to add, we, Me, William and Rachel actually missed the bus. But we still managed to reach the little island. How? My dearest Fono kor kor, came over to my hse early. He said he was gonna pick us up at around 8 but came earlier to play Dota. There, its starting to get clear how we missed the bus ya? Thats right. He played until about 8.20A.M before leaving the hse. So we rushed there, and bcoz of the traffic congestion in the morning, we saw our bus passed by on the other side of the road. We made a U-turn n chased the bus all the way to Duta stop and so, we managed to catch the bus. I nearly died of panic attack. ahhaha, no sweat, everything was cool.

DAY 1
ok, so, moving on. First day, we didnt do much. Checked in to the hotel and rested till dinner time. We ate at Youth Park, somewhere in Ochard. Didnt stay for long, as we had friends waiting in MOS. So it was Off to MOS right after food. Met up with Rachel's friend, Veron and gang. I went to look for the little girl happily dancing around the table with Lian Meng, Don, Koh Beng, Zhun, Tat, hmm.. I cant remember. It was a whole bunch of guys anyway. MOS was cool. I think the concept is great because, with one cover charge, you can excess the whole of the club. Unlike Zouk here, unless you pay for velvet's cover, you cant go anywhere else but mainroom. So depending on my mood, I cant go to whichever room I feel like, and not worry that some friends are in another room while I'm left all alone in the main room. Yeah, so way cool.

The floor has lights. It blinks.


I'm actually pointing at the board behind me,not me

DAY 2
the Zoukout night. In the day, I followed William and Rachel around, and ended up in Lucky Plaza coz Rachel was looking for a camera. I got to play around with the D80. Which now come to think of it, was a bad idea. My craving for the camera just grew bigger.ArGhhh. Well, then we walked out of the plaza and continued walking around Ochard. Coincidentally, we bumped in to Veron. How FatEd.hahaha. We went up to HMV and bought CDs. Oh they have a whole floor for R'n'B Hip Hop and Dance music. I spent 98 Sing on CDs. Okay, After that it was back to the hotel to get ready, and party.

The many people walking around Ochard Road

at ochard road. Thats... not a statue. Its human.

DAY 3
everyone else left Siloso beach at about 5.45 to 6A.M while I decided to stay with Slinky and Gang until around 8.30. Since Rachel n William were the only ones from the same hotel as I am and they left already, I had to go back on my own. I took the shuttle bus from the arena to the carpark area, waited like a Dungu for about 30mins only to realize that the cabs that came in were all on call. So i hopped on the next shuttle bus to the Harbour Front MRT station, took a bus to Ochard, and a cab back to the hotel. All in all, I spent almost 2 hours trying to get back. So sad. Slept abit, and then I took a cab over to Upper East Coast Road, where Fono's godbro lives. I didnt have a hotel room after the first night so his godbro, David was really nice to let me stay over. He has a very nice and cozy home. He's 40. Fono's 30 and I'm 20. heheh. I find the age gap funny. Dont ask me why. Anyways, at night, we went over the the zoo. For the night safari. Saw some animal shows and disturbed the animals when they're sleeping too. hehe, I went with Vicharn, Gerald, Sabrina, Codee and Fono. What do u expect?


I dont know what he's trying to do.

DAY4
ZOO. Yes, again. When I told Slinky that, he asked me if I stay overnight in the zoo. hahah.Woke up early for this. Spent the WHolE day there. Seriously, Whole day. from around 11.30 until 6+ The zoo is HUGE! and please, dont be as stupid as me. Long sleeve + zoo = cannot make it. And around 4 plus, it started raining while we were in the middle of the track. So, we we stuck with snakes. We tried to disturb the snakes too, but they're boring. Next, we headed back down to Ochard road coz Fono wanted to get a shirt from Stussy. We all ended up empty handed. After that, we had our dinner at.. MOS burger. I had this... Rice burger. I didnt know what it was. It was actually the bread part of your burger, yeah, its just rice.100% rice. those Jap, sushi sticky rice. Its nice. Ok, So that was my last night in Singapore. It was homeward bound after that.
with the kangaroos

I think thats a meercat.

My rice burger.

If u asked me, I'd say, I really enjoyed the trip. And I dont mind going back there again. Since Kailin requested, or begged me to go back down there and she promised to be my tour guide.hehehe. Manchester United shop, I'll be back for you! haha.

1 comment:

gie_chloe said...

Hey, like you, I'm a Man United craze. The flagship store is at Orchard Parade Hotel, along the Orchard Road. Do you know where the Wheelock Place is? Continue walking in that direction and you'll find what you seek.

Cheers.