Monday, April 07, 2008

Broken Lights On The Freeway

I was supposed to go see you last tuesday. I waited for friends, because I felt weird going to the hospital by myself. Tuesday didnt happen, I waited for Wednesday. Nothing still. It went on until. Saturday. I was worried that I dont have the time. That I needed to go before it was too late. Its not being negative. I just felt the need to. But Saturday came, and I waited again. Some tells me that visitors were not allowed in after 10pm. It was 9 plus. I figured, it was too late. I said "nevermind, tomorrow I'll definitely go".

Sunday morning I got a message. You have left us. I bite my own tongue, preventing myself from cursing. I knew I shouldnt have waited. I SHOULDNT have waited. But all that regret is a little too late now. Being at your house was awkward. I cant really explain why. Your friends made a video in memory of you, it was a great video of all the pictures you've taken with them. Simple, yet it means so much. You have great friends. The pastor said, good people leave early. And I guess, in that sense, I would really agree with him. You're a good kid. Rest in peace now.


In memory of Andrew Yap

18/12/1988 - 6/4/2008

No comments: