Sunday, January 06, 2008

You're the light that leads to harbor

I have just one more event to wrap up 2007. My Penang trip. I have yet to receive all the pictures from everyone. But I guess I'll have to go with whatever I have now before its too late. ok here goes.....

Dec 27th
Road trip begins with Slinky, the driver, Nat and Derek. Had a little confusion on the road but all is good, we made it safely through the rain, run, cars, idiots and some insects. Before our bags were even dropped off at the place we were staying, we went straight for food. And where else, if its not Gurney drive, then you're not in Penang.

Roadside also want to take pictures.... sighhhhh.....

After that we checked into Stella Maris. This apartment/dorm owned by a church. We were fortunate to have a place as most of the other hotels and all were fully booked. That place also saved our pockets. Thanks to William and mama Loh. First night was pretty much indoors and quiet. The gang of Godbros came over and brought alco. We drank the whole night together with papa Loh. As most of us were tired from the ride, we slept off pretty early.

Dec 28th

We woke up in time for lunch...William brought us along with another friend, Shaun who just arrived from Singapore to Swatow(??) Lane. I had some prawn mee, mee jawa..along with little bits n pieces of everyone else's food. hehe.. you tend to get more greedy when you're there. After food, with nothing much to do, we head down to Segafredo's for beer. I guess, its never too early to drink huh? Chilled till around evening, then we went off to Bukit Tambun for SEAFOOD! It was a pretty long drive, as its further out in the mainland. Oh, we stayed over at the island btw. Yes, loads of seafood...no pictures... Then thennnn..... went back to the Island to QEII. This new..club/bar situated at the harbour.

After alco, nothing better to do, everyone became camwhores. I guess, me included. Not that I really wanted to.. but everyone was so in the mood...soo....no harm yah?



I REALLLLYY... got kissed by them.. uGh.

The mandatory Raining Trio picture. You know how hard it was to take this PRoper picture. Everyone someone poses for the camera EVERYONE wants to get in it. Good picture courtesy of miss Yinyi.

I finally made it to Penang huh? Thanks for coming out and layaning us while we were there.


Look at the alcoholic Slinky caught in action... *tsktsktsk*

Finally... this is the masterpiece of the night. Click to enlarge. In a way, its damn sick....but I like it..hahahah.

The following day, we woke up, had lunch at Gurney Plaza.Slinky and Nat had to go back early so they left. I opted to stay behind and catch the later ride home. Wanna make full use of my time in Penang. Its not everyday that I get to go up there. So I stayed with William, even managed to have the Kuih Kak that I've been craving before heading back home with Yinyi.

I think there are loads more pictures I'm missing but oh well... cant make this post too long! Summary enough.Wooo... I'm done with 2007!!!! Next, the NYE party at SuCasa. I count that as 2008.

No comments: