Monday, November 05, 2007

The Game, The World Stopped To Watch

Well, I'm sure most of you know about the big game over the weekend. I think even those who do not watch football heard about it. Arsenal against Manchester United. This is really slow. haha. But Man...was it a good game. It was such an intense game for me. Firstly because Arsenal has had a good run this season being in good.if not top form. While Manchester, still slowly recovering from those stupid 1-0 wins. I dare not say anything, neither did I put in too high hopes of winning. I figured, if they could hold them off and draw, I'd be satisfied.

And then came the 46th minute, Rooney struck from the right, and it went it. OMG. I realised I might have been the only one standing up jumping around, but I didnt care. Holy Hell. The half time whistle blew and I had some time to chill.

I'm still not sure who's goal is it. Some said, its Rooney's and some said, it was Gallas's own goal. Not sure, But whats for sure, its a goal to Man utd.

But I knew... it aint over. Feeling alil more confident, but it aint over. And I was sooooooo right. 3 minutes into the second half, Arsenal scored. Fabregas to be precise. The way I look at it, it was Man Utd's mistake. BIG mistake. I blame it on Wes Brown. But thats just my opinion. Now you know why I have a jersey with a no.6 but has no name. Thank freaking god.


Moving along, When Louis Saha was substituted, I was more than relieved, I was excited. And I was right again, he made an impact. Passing a nice ball to Evra, and Evra getting the keeper's attention slided the ball into the center for Ronaldo. Oh man.. another superb moment. And I thought, that COULD just be it. its in the 82nd minute. just HOLD ON DAMNIT. HOLD ON!.... There I was counting down the minutes,with each passing minute I get more n more tensed. They then announced that 3 minutes have been added. I felt it was such bullshit, because nothing happened during game time why should they add so much?

And then came this moment where it was really messy, and everyone around was screaming because the ball was goin left and right center and all the Arsenal players are all up, and then EVERYONE, EVERYONE thought it was safe. When Joel suddenly turned around and said "ITS A GOAL!!!!!!!!!" we were all stoned, looking at him like " wtf are you talking about?" And its for real......the video reply shows that, eventho Van Der Sar managed to stop the ball from entering the net, he didnt stop it from crossing the line. Damn the refrees are sharp, this time. So.... there you go... one of the most, exciting matches, most.....FINGeR Eating, smoke-till-your-lungs-collapse and hair pulling matches. It was disappointing, no doubt, I'm a UNITED FAN DAMNIT.... but... it was a good match. And like I said.... I would have been happy with a draw.... and a draw they got.

Jeebus.... I'm so emotional when it comes to football. gahhhhh. Arsenal has a way of spoiling our fun huh, Liverpool fans?Damn Fabregas, why are you so damn good?

No comments: